Nothing is more frustrating to me than stingy dividend stocks.
I have a well-deserved reputation as a cheapskate. (I prefer to think of myself as frugal, but my friends and family have other choice words for me.) Yet as miserly as I am, I know when Im beaten. I once had a friend that was tired of paying for lawn service. So he bought a baby goat at a flea market, had the goat eat his grass, then returned to the same flea market and sold the now fattened goat for a profit.
See Also from Kiplinger: 12 Great Stocks to Get Dividends Every Month
But while I appreciate extreme frugality, its not something I tolerate in dividend stocks. Especially ones I own. I expect my investments to be lavishly generous which means paying respectable dividends and raising them over time.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In Right Now: Nucor Corporation(NUE)
- [By Rich Smith]
This is not how things were supposed to work out. Last week, AK Steel rivals Nucor (NYSE:NUE) and Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ:STLD) both delivered earnings reports that were generally well received, encouraging some analysts (Macquarie Capital, I’m talking to you) to clamber out on a limb and predict good things for every steelmaker in sight.
- [By Jason Hall, Brian Stoffel, and Brian Feroldi]
With that idea in mind, we asked three of our top contributors to write about a stock they see as being a bargain today, and they gave us mortgage industry software lynchpinEllie Mae Inc(NYSE:ELLI), real estate holding companyStore Capital Corp(NYSE:STOR), and steelmaker extraordinaireNucor Corporation(NYSE:NUE).
- [By Lee Jackson]
This top steel company could do very well if the economy sees a solid pickup this year and the administration’s infrastructure push remainsin place. Nucor Corp. (NYSE: NUE) and its affiliates are manufacturers of steel products, with operating facilities primarily in the United States and Canada. The company alsois North America’s largest recycler.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In Right Now: S&P Smallcap 600(PH)
- [By Charles Mizrahi, President and CEO, Hampton Investors, Inc.]
Parker Hannifin (PH) generates strong revenue from its aerospace division, while its primary industrial segment is lagging.
Overall, we like the company’s balanced portfolio. PH had solid order rates this past year with backlog of $3.6 billion between its industrial and aerospace segments.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In Right Now: Raytheon Company(RTN)
- [By Money Morning News Team]
Our No. 2 pick, Raytheon Co. (NYSE: RTN), is involved in engineering technology for defense systems, government electronics, and information technology. Its largest and most profitable segments are Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) and Missile Systems (MS).
- [By Money Morning News Team]
If you’re looking for one of thebest investments today, it’s hard to beat Raytheon Co. (NYSE: RTN). It doesn’t matter if the market is up or down, defense spending continues to increase. In the past year, global annual defense spending hit $1.6 trillion, and this is considered to be an industry that is likely to continue to grow for the foreseeable future.
- [By Paul Ausick]
Five teams are expected to compete for the contract: Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA) has joined with Saab to offer a clean-sheet design; Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE: NOC) has teamed up with BAE Systems and L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. (NYSE: LLL) on another clean-sheet design; Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE: LMT) and Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) are going with a modified KAI T-50; Raytheon Corp. (NYSE: RTN) has joined with Italy’s Leonardo and Canada’s CAE Inc. (NYSE: CAE) on a version of Leonardo’s M-346 trainer that it calls the T-100; and privately held Sierra Nevada has partnered with Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) on another clean-sheet design.
- [By Rich Smith]
On one particularly big news day, April 28, the DSCA announced that it has notified Congress of no fewer than seven separate pending arms sales that it plans to push through. These deals are aiming to sell:
110 radar-seeking air-to-ground “HARM” missiles to Australia, generating sales of $137.6 million for prime contractors Orbital ATK (NYSE:OA) and Raytheon (NYSE:RTN). Four P-8A Poseidonsubmarine-hunting jet aircraft to New Zealand — a $1.46 billion payday for Boeing (NYSE:BA). 13 76 mm cannonfor installation aboard Israeli Navy SA’AR 4.5 and SA’AR 6 Missile Patrol Boats at a purchase price of $440 million. (Italian firm Leonardo S.p.a.’s DRS North America subsidiary will be the contractor on that one.) Nine Bell 429light utility helicopters to Slovakia, yielding sales of $150 million for Textron (NYSE:TXT). And five CH-47D Chinookhelicopters, sold out of U.S. government surplus to Greece for $80 million.
Also included in the DSCA’s list of pending contracts are two directed toward the NATO Support and Procurement Agency, specifically:
- [By WWW.THESTREET.COM]
Raytheon (RTN) is the third-largest defense contractor in the U.S. and the largest missile maker in the world. The company’s engineering expertise continues to be coveted by America’s top brass and allies around the world.
- [By Jon C. Ogg]
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has been one of the pot-election winners that benefitted from the so-called “trump Bump” due to higher military spending ambitions. It turns out that the hype behind higher defense spending is giving this military equipment giant confidence to boost its dividend handily.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In Right Now: Scana Corporation(SCG)
- [By Lisa Levin]
In trading on Monday, utilities shares were relative laggards, down on the day by about 0.43 percent. Meanwhile, top losers in the sector included SCANA Corporation (NYSE: SCG), down 2 percent, and FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), down 2 percent.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In Right Now: Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings(LH)
- [By Monica Gerson]
Laboratory Corp. of America Holdings (NYSE: LH) is estimated to report its quarterly earnings at $1.96 per share on revenue of $2.19 billion.
Roper Technologies Inc (NYSE: ROP) is projected to report its quarterly earnings at $1.46 per share on revenue of $895.87 million.
- [By Monica Gerson]
Analysts expect Laboratory Corp. of America Holdings (NYSE: LH) to report its quarterly earnings at $1.96 per share on revenue of $2.19 billion. Laboratory Corp shares rose 0.64 percent to close at $121.77 on Friday.
Best Dividend Stocks To Invest In Right Now: Amphenol Corporation(APH)
- [By Darren Williams] Although the entire cannabis space has quietly taken a hit of their own medicine in recent weeks and gone to sleep, don’t think for one second the entire space isn’t going to light up again soon. That’s just what they do, right? However, knowing who the pretenders are and knowing who the contenders are is really the challenge when it’s comes right down to it. First, anyone who claims to be a grower or a seller of cannabis can’t for one second ever make it as a public company right now, or can even legally consider being a public company for that matter, so you can scratch any of those right off your list. At least here in the U.S. anyway, because Canada is already well ahead of the curve having legalized it for medicinal purposes already. More importantly, full legalization of marijuana in Canada appears to be on track for July 2018, which will make Canada just the second nation in the world after Uruguay to completely legalize the cultivation, sale and possession of the drug for medical and recreational purposes. Regardless, the best time to buy any stocks in a hot growth sector is when either everyone has forgotten about them, or when the overall market landscape has turned bearish, which has yet to happen. However, the former seems to be the case for the cannabis space, despite some very favorable state legislation last Fall. For now, as long as you have a license issued by Health Canada, you’re good to go, so there are some stocks trading in Canada already who are well on their way to making some green for investors. Canopy Growth Corporation (TSE: WEED), formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc., is a medical marijuana company based in Smiths Falls, Ontario. Aurora Cannabis Inc. (CVE: ACB), which is engaged in the production and sale of medical cannabis. There’s also Aphria Pharmaceutical Company (TSE: APH), which also is engaged in producing and selling medical marijuana through retail sales and wholesale channels. There are many more, but those are just a
- [By Lee Jackson]
This is the top pick in the sector and has remained a favorite at RBC for some time.Amphenol Corp. (NYSE: APH) is one of the worlds largest designers, manufacturers and marketers of electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors, interconnect systems, antennas, sensors and sensor-based products and coaxial and high-speed specialty cable.